I’ve been trying to back up my computer, and I have a virtual machine that is rather large. I am using a Samsung Blu-Ray burner, and I am having trouble. Brasero just bombed out at the beginning of the burn. So, I went back to K3b. That did the trick mostly, but I ran into issues at the end of every disk. So, I found a nice article on Ubuntu Forums.
Here are my notes on implementing the fix…
I already had K3b installed. So, I just downloaded the cdrecord program. Here’s the commands
wget ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/cdrtools-beta.tar.gz tar xvf cdrtools*.gz cd cdrtools*
The version that I ended up with was 3.0.1. I installed it with
make sudo make install
Then, I went to Settings > Configure K3b. I found that I had to close K3b and reopen it before I saw the newly installed cdrecord program there.
After that, I enabled the show advanced settings option in the “Advanced” section.
Finally, I changed the temporary path to a location that had more storage. This may have been the real issue because my image was over 15G and my free space in my regular temp directory was 7G.
Now, I was ready to burn my disc. I checked two different options on the Burn dialog.
After that, it burned successfully.