I ran across the articles on WebUpd8 and OMGUbuntu about the latest version of LibreOffice. I decided to give it a try. New features are always great.
Here’s all I did:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
The new packages it installed looked like this. Obviously, I had a few updates I needed to catch up on as well.
The following NEW packages will be installed: libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer The following packages will be upgraded: espeak-data fonts-opensymbol google-chrome-beta libespeak1 libexttextcat-2.0-0 libexttextcat-data libgraphite2-3 libgraphite2-3:i386 libicu48 libpurple-bin libpurple0 libraptor2-0 librasqal3 librdf0 libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-calc libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-impress libreoffice-math libreoffice-ogltrans libreoffice-pdfimport libreoffice-presentation-minimizer libreoffice-style-human libreoffice-writer libwpg-0.2-2 pidgin pidgin-data python3-uno uno-libs3 ure 34 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 135 MB of archives. After this operation, 3,006 kB of additional disk space will be used.