I have been having trouble getting Skype to work. If anyone has any ideas, please post a comment. I at least have it working, but the microphone is quiet. Also, at this point, I only get output on the left speaker.
One thing that helped was going into the System > Preferences > Sessions and changing the Skype command from “skype” to “padsp skype”.
Here are some articles that I have looked at and tried:
- Sound prob after Ubuntu 8.10 upgrade. Need help FAST!
- Audio problem on Dell Inspiron 1720, running Ubuntu 8.10 beta
- Configuring Audio for Skype Dell Inspiron 1525 Ubuntu 8
- PulseAudio: The Perfect Setup
- Skype Microphone problem and complete pulse audio setup in Ubuntu
- Skype + 8.10
- Default ALSA device must use PulseAudio, otherwise ALSA applications may fail
- PulseAudio: FAQ