I have tried the Facebook export tool for F-Spot, but I couldn’t get it to work. Thanks to rvf0068, I have a bug report link, and hopefully the bug gets fixed soon. In the meantime, this is what I have found that works:
- Select in F-Spot the photos you want to upload. I have been creating a Facebook tag and applying that to the pictures I want to share via Facebook. Then, I can search for that tag and highlight all of them with the tag.
- Go to Photo > Export to > Folder …
- Choose a temporary folder as the destination
- Choose “Save the files only” for the Export Method
- Log into the Facebook
- Go to Profile, then Photos
- Create a new Album
- Using the Java Applet, browse to the temporary folder and upload those pictures.
One thought on “Workaround for Posting Pictures to Facebook”
By the way, the Shotwell photo manager does work for me in Ubuntu in order to upload photos and folders to Facebook