I have tried the Facebook export tool for F-Spot, but I couldn’t get it to work. Thanks to rvf0068, I have a bug report link, and hopefully the bug gets fixed soon. In the meantime, this is what I have found that works:
- Select in F-Spot the photos you want to upload. I have been creating a Facebook tag and applying that to the pictures I want to share via Facebook. Then, I can search for that tag and highlight all of them with the tag.
- Go to Photo > Export to > Folder …
- Choose a temporary folder as the destination
- Choose “Save the files only” for the Export Method
- Log into the Facebook
- Go to Profile, then Photos
- Create a new Album
- Using the Java Applet, browse to the temporary folder and upload those pictures.