I use shutter a lot for documentation and taking notes. Some of that makes it to my blog. So, I was delighted when I saw that they had a new version available and that it was easy to install.
I am thinking about adding this repository to my regular list of things to install.
Currently, I have version 0.90.1 installed.
I ran these commands to install the new version:
[sourcecode]sudo add-apt-repository ppa:shutter/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade shutter[/sourcecode]
Note that I already had shutter installed. If you do not have shutter installed, change that last command from upgrade to install.
After running the upgrade with the new repository, I now have version 0.93:
As an overview, here are the changes made…
- Improved Dropbox integration
- Added support for vgy.me
- Removed integrations: UbuntuOne, ImageBanana, and Ompldr
- Bug Fix LP: #731874 Launching a second instance causes a crash – ArchLinux
- Bug Fix LP: #1034768 Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to edit an image
- Bug Fix LP: #1285287 Crashes after clicking “edit” while using certain icon themes